Weston Village Hall
Situated on Main Street opposite All Saints Church, the Village Hall has been at the heart of Weston since 1736 when Richard Hawksworth bequeathed £50 for a school to be built in Weston along with an endowment of five acres of land in South Scarle. The income from the land at £7 per year was to be used to employ a school master to teach up to ten free children.
The school finally closed in 1964 and the building was leased from the Thoresby Estate in 1966 at £1 per year until 1970 when it was purchased for the village for the sum of £250.
Weston Village Hall is a registered charity (Registered Charity No. 505522) and is now run by a committee of volunteers on behalf of the village and caters for village clubs and societies as well as individual or corporate hirers. It is the regular meeting place for the Parish Council and Weston Women’s Institute. The committee run a regular schedule of events throughout the year including monthly coffee mornings,
Please contact Mrs Pauline Laughton for more information or to make a booking.
- Pauline. Laughton – Chair
- David Chase - Vice Chair
- Glyn Francis - Treasurer
- Vicki Francis - Secretary
- Rebecca Henderson
- Colin Laughton
- Evie Francis
- Mel Whitt
- Andy Saxilby
New members welcomed. Please contact Pauline Laughton on 01636 823805 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to committee meetings can be found here: